It took me years to understand and develop skills regarding fine-tuning music and recordings


Jwngsar is a self-taught music producer originally hailing from Udalguri now based in Kokrajhar running a home studio. He has fulfilled many young musician dreams to record a song.

We talked to him to know more about him

Please introduce yourself 

Jwngsar: Hi! My name is Jwngsar Khungur Narzari and I'm 33.  I was born and raised in Udalguri. I run 2 home studios currently under the name "Lwihwr Recording Studio", one in my hometown and one in Kokrajhar, where I currently stay mostly. I did M.Com from Gauhati Commerce College under Gauhati University in 2010.

Do you agree with this point? “That your home studio is fulfilling many young singers dream who wants to record songs in cheap price rate”

 Jwngsar: I kind of agree but I cannot speak for everyone. Back then, I didn't always have enough money to record my own stuff so I depended on pocket money and scholarships to get all the recordings and related stuff done. I always keep this in mind but with the increasing prices of instruments and gadgets, I have to upgrade my studios sometimes and therefore modify what I charge while keeping in mind how much the clients can afford to pay for their recordings.

Lwihwr is the name of a band and your studio name is a Lwihwr recording studio, what happen to the band?


Jwngsar: Well, let me clarify that "Lwihwr" was never a band. I think people still get confused over this. It was an experimental project consisting of 6 songs of different genres. As the album gained popularity over time, we thought of naming the studio as "Lwihwr Recording Studio".

From how many years you have been doing this? And how it all begin?

Jwngsar: I used to be in a band. We called it "Ides of March" so, I already had a little bit of idea on how to make music. One day, one of my friends introduced me to FLstudio. I started dabbling with the software often. It took me years to understand and develop skills regarding fine-tuning music and recordings. We started to dabble and experiment in music, making different genres after completing our studies. We released a couple of songs of our own on the internet. I guess that started to attract some bands and solo artists from Kokrajhar, Gossaigaon, and Bongaigaon who wanted to make music too. We got some attention and soon many bands and artists wanted to work with us. I remember the first band we ever worked with. "Shijousa". We made a track called "Waiting for you". Since I'm from a fairly middle-class family, my first priority was finding a stable job without a doubt. I had a couple of jobs before becoming a full-time studio owner but I was never satisfied with the pay. After being a District Coordinator of Udalguri for nearly a year I decided to quit and take a leap of faith with music. It was not easy in the starting but hopefully, everything worked out for more or less. I'm happy to promote creative talents from all across the place.

Are you doing this full time or part time?

Jwngsar:  It's more or less a full-time job. I have clients coming in every other day or two. So often I have a packed schedule.

Your idol/role model that inspires you to keep going in this field
 Jwngsar:  I didn't have any role model or an inspirational figure. I picked up some skills here and there from YouTube tutorials. I'll say I'm a metal person but lately I've been kind of inspired by blues. I admire Tripti K.Bangar. She's the lead singer of "Soulmate" band. I love that band.

Any messages you would love to say 

Jwngsar:  I'd like to say if you believe you have some sort of creative talent, work on it, showcase it on YouTube and social media. Be open to praise and criticism equally. Ignore the cyber-bullies. Work on yourself. If you believe in yourself, you will find a way to make it work. All the best for the young generation! Thank you!

[We would like to thank Jwngsar Khungur Narzari for giving his valuable time for the interview] 
Share on Google Plus

About The Bodo Tribe 'Online-Magazine'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Find Us On Facebook