After Collision 2 featuring Linkin Park & Eminem



Interview: It has been one year since the passing of Chester Charles Bennington (Lead vocalist of Linkin Park). When all seem blank and dark that we will no longer hear Chester voice again. The Blaze Audio did something unthinkable. He (name not mentioned) creator and founder of Blaze Audio created mashups music (mixing Linkin park music with Eminem)

[Bodo Media interviewed BLAZE AUDIO founder via Facebook]

Bodo Media: Please introduce yourself

BLAZE AUDIO: Hi, how are you doing? I'm BLAZE AUDIO. The person responsible for hundreds of Linkin Park and Eminem mashups on the internet (Youtube).


Bodo Media: From how long you have been doing or running (Blaze Audio)

BLAZE AUDIO: I started doing mashups for fun, in 2008. I remember they were so bad and off-beat, completely out of sync. But it didn't matter, I didn't post them anywhere. I kept them on my hard drive and showed some of my friends sometimes. I was more into video editing back then, I was focusing more on that. Eventually, though, I became pretty good at mixing songs together. So I had this idea to put together a whole fan-made mashup album featuring my two favorite artists: Eminem and Linkin Park. Thus in 2012 - Collision Course 2 was created.



It was a spontaneous decision I made, I started making some of the songs and sent them to some of my friends and they went crazy. So I uploaded it and shared it on the internet; The reception I got was overwhelming, people really liked that stuff. I figured: "great, I'm happy I did this" and then I started coming up with more and more ideas and I made another project. And to this day I keep making them, obviously, over the years, a lot has changed. I don't just mash together two songs anymore. I actually produce a lot of the stuff that I use and I find producers online whose work I can use and build upon.

Bodo Media: Are you doing this fulltime or part-time?

BLAZE AUDIO: This is just a hobby and it always has and it will always remain a hobby. A good chunk of my content on YouTube is copyrighted, I am unable to sell, distribute or monetize any of it; So contrary to popular belief - I'm not in it for anything other than having fun and being able to express myself artistically and improve creatively.

Bodo Media: Please take us through the process of selecting the song to make a right soundtrack for the songs

BLAZE AUDIO: Most of the time it starts out with a concept, a certain vibe, an atmosphere I want to create. So everything is premeditated a lot of times. I already know what I want to make before I make it.

At that point, I need to have the perfect instrumental that would bring forth the atmosphere I want to create. Whether I make the instrumental myself or I use other producer's songs that I can work with, the instrumental is the key. After that, I need to make sure the vocals fit.

I need to make sure they fit with the instrumental, in terms of tempo, key, structure and I need to make sure they fit with one another - conceptually and thematically.

I can't just randomly take two acapellas of Linkin Park and Eminem and mash them up because they have a similar tempo. It's not that easy. I have no musical education whatsoever. Everything I know, I learned myself from trying and failing (a lot of failing) and some stuff that I've seen on YouTube tutorial videos.

For the most part - The way I would describe it: it is like the end result is a big puzzle. And to solve it you need to have all the right pieces. Once I have an idea in my head what I want the track to be about, I start putting it all together and see what works and which pieces fit.


Bodo Media: Why did you decide to make after collision course – 2 (Featuring Eminem and Linkin Park)? 

BLAZE AUDIO: After Collision 2 is supposed to be the biggest project I've ever made. I wanted to get it all out there because I felt like after it was done, I wouldn't be making any more mashup mixtapes/albums. So I wanted to end my "catalog" on a good note, a grand finale.


I wanted it to be fun and I just wanted to make tracks for fun and put them all out there as a single body of work that made sense. With a sense of direction and a story that you can witness as you listen to the entire project. Like a book, almost.

Bodo Media: Your future plans

BLAZE AUDIO: Honestly, I'm looking into just producing full-time.
I have so much fun making beats and instrumentals and every year I get better and better. I will still make mashups and remixes, I am currently planning on releasing a 10 song project this month.


It's still going to be a huge part of my channel and what I do. But I want to create more original stuff that is 100% me. I don't want to hide behind platinum record selling artists like Eminem and Linkin Park. I want to create my own art, my own vision and hopefully, I'll be able to do that sometime soon.

Words by Bodo Media 

All the Photos are the property of BLAZE AUDIO © Copyright

To follow Blaze Audio




Share on Google Plus

About The Bodo Tribe 'Online-Magazine'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Find Us On Facebook