I always go with my feelings. I don't see film making in a way…Dhan Brahma


   Promo Poster

Interview: Dhan  Brahma is a young filmmaker from Udalguri, Bodoland India. Who has produced a good number of music videos and others videos, under the banner of his own production house called DB creation?His musical video name ‘Agan’ has reached; mind-blowing numbers of views of 5 Lakhs in YouTube. He has released a new video called ‘Daoharu’ (Warrior) with less than an hour of release the video has reached 6 thousand views.

Below is a chat with Dhan about his latest video:

For long you didn't release any video. Do you call it a comeback? What's your take on this or what you would like to say about this?


Dhan Brahma: I always go with my feelings. I DONT see filmmaking in a way like that, as if I have to produce one video every month. If suddenly a story comes to my mind and if I feel that it has some strong emotions.I immediately work on it. It may also happen that I may be silent for 2 ..3 years.Until a new story comes to my mind.

      Snapshot from the video 

How you come up with the idea of your latest video Daoharu ( Warrior)?

Dhan Brahma: What I believe is, everybody has a reason to fight. We can’t judge anyone. I have seen many daoharus..I don’t cry for them...but I cry when I see their family cry. Fighting the outside world besides having a family..Is not an easy thing. Truly they must have some strong motive and strong sentiments


The story was nicely put in place. With a prologue in the beginning. I found the story very powerful. What motivated you to make this video and the obstacles during the shoot if any?

Dhan Brahma: The whole team of DB Creation faced a lot of problems..We were working with a large team...A group of security team...for using real AK arms ...we had to go legally asking permission for shoot...and our shoot was on pending..Because...we had to work according to the dates given by the security officials...I remember....me and my friend Fulung..had to walk 6 km...Because of the road jam.That occurred during the evening of Dwijing festival... While We were returning from Amguri..the house location for the shoot.

And what about Agan? You said you’re working in full-length film on this music video.


Dhan Brahma: Yes...very soon we are going to start the shoot...right now we are on songs recording session

That’s Great!

Dhan Brahma: Thank you so much
Maophung Gwra

In the comment section, people are giving positive feedback what you would like to say about that?

First of all...I would like to thank all the viewers for such a positive feedbacks...For me, audience matters a lot...I feel nice if my stories are able to entertain them...and that’s my motive...to always entertain.



Thank You so much. Forgiving your valuable time for the interview.

Dhan Brahma: Thanks to you Maophung..It was great having a conversation with you.

   
Words by The Bodo Tribe 18 (Team)


To see the video click here:
Share on Google Plus

About The Bodo Tribe 'Online-Magazine'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Find Us On Facebook