'A vision form into a Picture'

             
                    Interview: ‘Photography is the most popular hobby in the planet’ with the development of technology anyone can practice photography on the go. No more carrying the burden of Film rolls in the bags like the bygone days.As more and more people practicing this art, many institutions have open courses for a photographer to learn it ‘In and out'.If you ask anyone who loves photography why? You love this.It will be like asking why? You have fallen in love. In order to find the answer, ‘I chat with one new photographer –Hopong  Chang-who belongs from Dimapur, Nagaland. ’  


  Hello! Sir ‘Please introduce yourself’

Hopong Chang: Hello,I am Hopong Chang  from Tuensang town,Nagaland belonging to the Chang Naga Tribe and  based in Dimapur.Apart from being a photographer, I have a government job and my love with playing music still holds dear.I feel,my love for photography accumulated over many years even thou I didn’t realize that I used to sketch and do digital arts too but I never got the satisfaction until I picked up my first DSLR and that was when I finally said to myself “that’s it”.

               What makes you happy being as a Photographer?

Hopong Chang: It always fascinates and makes me happy when I see my stories,imaginations and feelings as well as the subject’s personalities being captured. As a photographer, every day seems exciting, and my mind is always open to new ideas and concepts besides opening up vast infinite imaginations. And the joy and satisfaction I get from my models and subjects after seeing their photos is priceless.

 Canon 5D Mark III is one of the most expensive Camera. If you have to express in three words the feelings of using this camera.What are those words would be?

Hopong Chang: Awesome, versatile and complete.

Did you take any courses on photography?

Hopong Chang: I didn’t take any particular professional courses, but I did attend few crash courses when I started learning and I spend months reading about technicalities, lighting, compositions and used to practice every day. I use to take and get inspirations from some renowned and gifted professionals, the funny thing is nothing escaped from my lens when I started to learn, I was a shutterbug for some few months.



                       What kind of messages you want to gives through your photography?

Hopong Chang: My message from my photography would be apart from being gifted and talented, as a photographer we should have discipline in life and to be yourself with your ideas. Above all give thanks to God for the beautiful creations around us.As one can see Most of my subjects are females, it’s because I respect them and that a woman they should be respected in every aspect of our lives.

                     You seem not fixed to one genre


Hopong Chang:  it’s not been long I was into photography, I use to do every genre at first while learning and slowly I am starting to find my place and that would be portraits,weddings,fashion,beauty and glamor .

Who are the photographers that inspire you as a photographer?

Hopong Chang:  Victor Demarchelier, Georges Antoni ,  Khomenko , AngelikaZbojenska and my photographer friends around.

Which is your favorite subject in photography that you never feel bored to photograph again and again?

Hopong Chang: That favorite subjects would be people, female faces and I am always excited for portraits.


Did you participate in any photographic competition?

Hopong Chang: Yes I did once or twice and I was blessed enough to get honorable mentions and win some other competitions too.




Here is the link to see his works: https://www.facebook.com/Hopong-Chang-Photography-686352258103891/

 Interview is taken By Editor in Chief  on behalf of the magazine






Share on Google Plus

About The Bodo Tribe 'Online-Magazine'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Find Us On Facebook